How to: Care for your soy candle
We are excited to introduce our newest product in the Beach People family helping to bring the Australian Seaside into your home, our beautiful 100% natural soy wax candle.
It’s unique blend of fragrances are a coastal combination, just like fresh ocean air with notes of soft tropical floral and driftwood. It’s large wooden wick leaves you with that warm fuzzy feeling inside as you close your eyes and hear the crackle of the flame and day dream you are sitting next to a fireplace.
Watch it light up your favorite room or let its aroma take over your senses as you wind down and relax. Artfully hand poured into a contemporary white glass jar in Australia, the candle which is vegan and has no additives is sealed with a smooth mahogany timber lid.
To best care for your new candle be sure to follow these few tips:
- Burn the candle for 1-4 hours at a time
- Prior to every burn, trim the wick to 5 mm before lighting. This encourages a clean burn and reduced smoking of using a blackened wick.
- Wipe away any soot marks to keep it clean and fresh and keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings and debris.
- Soy is a living organism, so be sure to keep the candle away from heat or sunlight as it may cause the soy to discolor, melt or sweat.
- Soy wax also, believe it or not, has a memory. So the first time you use the candle, allow it to burn for around 2 hours until the whole surface is melted into a pool of wax. This avoids any potential tunnel burning of the area around the wick.
The large candle has an approximate burn time of 40 hours and the little around 15 hours. Packaged in drawstring cotton bags they are perfect for spoiling yourself or to give as gifts. You can order one by clicking here.
We hope you love this little addition to your home as much as we do!