Winter Inspiration from GOOP!
There’s nothing better than cooking a heartwarming meal on a cool winter’s night. The hardest part can be finding inspiration, but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We’ve teamed up with our friends at GOOP to bring you two simple, nourishing winter dishes. Now all you need is our Upcycled Denim Tableware and you’ve got yourself the perfect winter spread!
Stay warm and cosy with this wholesome minestrone. Packed with loads of veggies and beans, plus a whole lot flavour, it's the perfect dish to make on Sunday night and eat throughout the week.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely-diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup farro (uncooked)
2 teaspoons of rosemary, finely-chopped
1 teaspoon of thyme, finely-chopped
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
4 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of water
2 cups of packed chopped kale
1 15-ounce (425g) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 large zucchini, diced
Salt and pepper
Crushed red chilli flakes, to garnish (optional)
Pesto, to garnish (optional)
How to Make it
1. Heat olive oil in a pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic and a large pinch of salt and sauté 5 minutes.
2. Add farro, rosemary, thyme, tomato paste, and another generous pinch of salt and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add chicken stock and water, bring the mixture up to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add kale, beans, and another pinch of salt and return to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. Add diced zucchini, turn off the heat, and let zucchini cook in the warm broth for 1 minute.
7. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
8. Serve hot garnished with crushed red chilli flakes and pesto, if desired.
Winter Harvest Kale Salad
SERVES 6 TO 8
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
Juice of ½ lemon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
⅛ teaspoon of ground black pepper + more as needed
¼ teaspoon of kosher salt + more as needed
½ cup of olive oil
2 bunches of kale, cleaned and chopped
3 small to medium cooked red beets, diced
3 small to medium cooked yellow beets, diced
2 teaspoons of minced fresh thyme
2 teaspoons of minced fresh rosemary
⅓ cup of shelled, roughly chopped pistachios
How to Make it
1. To make the dressing, whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify the dressing.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the chopped kale, diced beets, fresh thyme, and rosemary. Add dressing to taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Shop our Upcycled Denim Tableware